May 6, 2012

Walking on Love


I ordered a new pair of Toms today.  They are being custom made and have the "love" verses written on them.  At first I just thought they'd be cute and of course comfy as all Toms and of course a child in need would be given a pair of much needed shoes, but the more I thought about those shoes the more its meaning transformed in my heart. 

"Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends."

1 Corinthians 13:4 - 8

Everyone knows these verses from the Bible.  You've read them, heard them read, seen it on paintings, etc, etc, etc.  But having them written on a pair of shoes is different.  To me, I feel like it is a reminder that wherever I go on the pathway that God has for me, I'm to be, in those moments, showing and telling about His love.  Only He knows the journey that He's set before me, but He wants me to go on my way spreading the good news:  that HIS love is patient and kind.  HIS love endures all things and has no end.  When you're walking on a love like that, how could it not be comfy and "fashion-forward"??