April 29, 2012

"Little Sally Walker"

“Little Sally Walker walking down the street, she didn’t know what to do, so she stopped in front of me.  Hey girl do your thing, do your thing now switch!  Hey girl do your thing, do your thing now switch!”

                This little game is done while a group of girls stand in a circle and say the chant.  One girl dances around the middle of the circle, chooses a girl to stop in front of, and “do her thing”…aka, dance.  The new girl imitates the dance moves, they switch places and then the new girl dances in the middle.  It starts over with the chant until each girl has had a turn.  If you watch kids play this game, you realize that not one of them is embarrassed about dancing, but they really put everything into and are proud to show the others what moves they have!
This little game could be applied to our lives.  While you are dancing through life, there are others watching you, taking note of your actions.  I hope that whoever I stop in front of to “do my thing” sees characteristics in me that point to Him.  I hope I am able to be imitated in a way that would honor Him: because in a short time, the one watching me will dance off and inspire someone else!  Hopefully, Godly examples and influences will pass from one to another so that He is magnified while we are simply “doing our thing”!           

 “According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body...”
Philippians 1:20  KJV