April 22, 2012

Beads, Rhinestones, and Feathers, Oh My!

     I have a special drawer in my old room at Mom and Dad’s house.  Whenever I open this drawer, I get an overwhelming sense of happiness.  This drawer is full of necklaces.  I’m not just talking necklaces, I’m talking beads, rhinestones, feathers, leather, and every color you could ever imagine!  They are not the most organized necklaces, most are tucked away in zip-lock baggies, but there they are...just waiting to be worn!  Some of them haven’t gotten out of the drawer in a while and others are worn a lot, but they are always there, just waiting the chance to make an appearance.
                I think that somewhere in Heaven, the Lord has a drawer.  When he opens the drawer he smiles because it is full of our Heavenly crowns, glittering and gleaming in His light.  Everyone has one just waiting on us to get their so we can put it on.  I want to make sure that my crown is claimed one day! 

“… he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord has promised to them that love Him.”
James 1:12 KJV

                *And P.S. -  I also believe with my whole heart that He won’t let me down…I think my crown will have beads, diamonds, feathers, and every beautiful color I can imagine!