November 11, 2012

“He’s Got Me Covered…”

           This past week has seemed like a week where spirits have been low and there’s a sense of “doom and gloom” around.  I know that the elections play a big part in that feeling.  I’m not going to get all political, but those of you who know me well, know where and what I stand for.
      Wednesday, I woke up and the first thought that entered my head was that Heaven must surely be a busy place today.  They are working hard and putting finishing touches on it.  I, along with many others, feel like it won’t be too much longer.  But, that feeling of “defeat” or “hopelessness” lasted down through the week.  I, along with many others, prayed and thought, where are you, Lord?  Just as I was asking that question, I got an email from my best friend who is the librarian at a local high school.  She told me how a group of 6th grade girls used their restroom break times to get in a circle, hold hands, and pray.  That’s where God was.  He was listening to a group of girls poured their hearts out to Him. 
She also said that the same week, a young man, who often ran with the wrong crowd and got into some things he shouldn’t, came into the library and informed her that he didn’t need a book that day.  She told him that in order to stay there, he needed to be reading something.  He said that he had started reading a Bible and was looking for answers.  She asked him what he’d found so far and his response?  “God knows what’s coming and he’s got me covered!”  Again, there was God:  showing an unsaved teenage boy that He is right there with him.
      I sat with tears in my eyes.  Here was an example of children, who no doubt had problems that were bigger than them.  Instead of walking around with a sad face, they were doing something about it.  I don’t know any of their names, the condition of their hearts, or anything else about them, but those kids touched my heart.  Problems seem huge and intimidating, the world seems further and further away from God, but it’s really just that simple… “God knows what’s coming and He’s got me covered.”

“…Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.”
Revelation 19:6 KJV