October 18, 2015

We’ll Never Know

"You'll never know." I whispered this to Joey Kate and kissed her as we were walking through WalMart and she was being cute and funny. I probably say this to her a dozen times a day. "You'll never know." And she won't.

She'll never know how much she was wanted. She'll never know how much she was prayed for. She'll never know all the shots, medicine, dr. appointments I had so that she would have the hope of a healthy life. She'll never know how it took every ounce of strength I had to have her. She'll never know how much she's loved.


       I thought about how God must whisper this to us a dozen times a day as well. We'll never know.

We'll never know how much we are wanted. We'll never know how much we are interceded for. We'll never know all the beatings, wounds, and scars He had so that we would have the hope of eternal life. We'll never know how it took every ounce of His earthly strength to die on the cross for us. We'll never know how much we are loved.

I am overwhelmed. I am humbled. I am blessed...all because I will never know.


"We love him, because He first loved us."

John 4:19  (KJV)