June 3, 2012

Spa Days

               One of my absolute favorite days of the year is when I go with my best friend of 20+ years to the spa and shopping.  Our favorite part of the day is always when we get to the spa, we get big, fluffy, comfy robes to wear, ice water to drink out of fancy wine glasses, and then we get to sit and wait in a “relaxation room”.  Now let me tell ya, this room definitely lives up to its name!  It is complete with low lighting, a waterfall, huge enveloping chairs, fresh flowers…you get the picture!  Anyhow, the part we love most is sitting in that room talking to each other.  It’s like we are in our own little world and nothing else is around or matters at that moment except what she is talking about.
                I thought about the spa in a spiritual sense.  I sometimes cannot wait to get to Heaven so that Jesus can issue me my own comfy robe to wear, water from a beautiful wine glass and a place to sit and talk with Him.  Just like it is when I’m with my best friend of 20 years, there’ll be no need to try to impress Him or be somebody I’m not…He knows all about me anyways…it will just be so relaxing to sit and have a conversation with Him!  I won’t have any other cares or concerns, I will be content. 
                I don’t think I’ll care about the fresh cut flowers; I want to breathe Him in.  I don’t think I’ll care about the waterfalls; I want to wholly and completely listen to Him.  I don’t think I’ll care about the big, enveloping chairs; I’ll be on my knees. 
                Days with my oldest and dearest friend are the best kind of days down here…I cannot imagine what one day (or a thousand years?) in Heaven will be like with my TRUE best friend and Savior.  But if I had to guess, I’d say the spa doesn’t hold a candle to what’s in store up there!

“And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.  In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.  And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:  And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.  And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.”

Revelation 22:1-5  KJV