August 5, 2012

Love Express…

       It was one of “those” mornings.  Hair – disaster, clothes – dirty…sweatshirt and jeans I wore yesterday, makeup – barely there.  Anyways, long story short…I definitely was NOT workin’ it that day!  I threw a hat on and got ready to head out, but not before I soaked myself with the first bottle of perfume I found to grab.  As I looked down at the perfume, I had to laugh at the name, “Love Express”.  Now let me tell ya…if THIS was the love express, I wanted off…immediately…and I’m pretty safe in betting that nobody else was in line for a ticket!! Lol!
        Kind of like those times in our Christian walk we have “those days”.  We get a bad attitude or just don’t feel too spiritual.  We tend to drench ourselves in a little holiness, hoping it will hide the mess.  He knows our thoughts and our feelings, even if we “smell” good.  He knows what’s underneath, the things we are trying to cover up.  We need to bathe in Him and let Him clean up the mess we are…He’s good at it! 

“Before a word is on my tounge, you, Lord, know it completely.”
Psalm 139:4 NIV