December 30, 2012

What’s Your Word?

        I thought it would be a good idea to pick a word to concentrate on this year; a word to define my outlook on the year.  After much thought, (there are sooooo many appropriate words for my life!) I decided on the word ‘faith’.  I looked faith up in the dictionary and its’ meaning is “a strong or unshakeable belief in something, especially without proof or evidence”.  Perfect word for me!
        I’ll be the first to admit that I’m a “Thomas” at times.  I know what the Lord is capable of, I’ve seen Him work in my life and all around me, but at times, there’s still that doubt.  When I pray for certain things I know that He is able and will answer my prayers in His time and His own way, but there’s that gnawing feeling of will He really?  I want to pray for things this year and have the faith to back it up.  Just because His ways or time is not mine, I know I’ll get my answer!  What’s your word for this year? 

“But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.”
Hebrews 11:6 KJV