January 6, 2013

A Breath of Fresh Air

           I like to view the new year as a breath of fresh air.  The previous year is gone, that chapter is already written and finished.  There is no going back to correct our mistakes, make different choices, or act on missed opportunities.  The air from the previous year was fresh at one point, but throughout the year, it may have become polluted and a bit stinky at times, but the Lord chose to graciously bless us with a new one…a fresh start with clean, pure air. 
          I want to take the opportunity of this fresh start to search myself.  I want to be mindful of Christ all year through so that this year will find me working for Him.  There is no doubt in my mind that He will provide me with multiple opportunities to share Him and His love with others.  I want to stay right where He wants me so that I am able to recognize and act on those opportunities. 
              I pray that I am able to work for Him throughout this year so that when there is no more time to work,  I can honestly say that I did everything I could to please Him.  So I’m going to take a deep breath and breathe this fresh air and thank Him for the chance to start again!

“I must work the works of Him that sent me, while it is day:  the night cometh
when no man can work.”
John 9:4 KJV