September 2, 2012

Search and Know

“O Lord, thou hast searched me, and known me.  Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.  Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.  For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.  Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.”
Psalms 139:1 - 5 KJV
 

Dear Lord,
Thank you for today.  You gave me new breath this morning and a new strength for this day.  You knew what was going to cross my path today and you went ahead of me and prepared the way.  Thank you for searching my heart, keeping it tender enough to beat only for You.  You have known my thoughts down through the day and you were guiding me all along.
Thank you for seeing something in me that I may not see, nor others, but You see perfectly.  You know all my shortcomings and failures, not just from today, but in life.  You know my thoughts and you know my heart, more completely and fully than anyone ever has.  You know that I want to serve You wholly and do your work, no matter what it may be.  Thank you for going before me and behind me and laying your hand on me so that others might see a glimpse of You through me.
If it’s your will, grant me another day to live for you and provide me with more opportunities to praise You, just in case I missed any of those opportunities today.  Thank you for taking the time to search my heart and for simply      "knowing" me.
Amen