September 16, 2012

Sweeter Than Chocolate...

I went to Kroger earlier this week and on my trip picked up a bag of Dove Raspberry Dark Chocolates.  I’m not much for dark chocolate, but let me tell you…if you haven’t tried these things, you should…TODAY!  Anyways, when I got in the car of course I opened the bag to eat “just 1 or 2”.  Dove candies always have a little quote on the inside of the wrapper and I read every one.  (Yes, I take advice from the insides of chocolate wrappers!  Lol)

The first one I opened said, “True love is unconditional.”  The first love that popped into my head was Jesus’ love for me.  It knows no bounds, it isn’t fickle, and it isn’t based upon merit or entitlement:  it is simply there, all encompassing, true, underserved, and unconditional.  The thought that not only someone, but the Lord of all creation loves me that much was enough to bring tears to my eyes.

The second wrapper said, “True love is delicious because you always want more.”  I thought about my own life.  In my walk with the Lord, I always want more of him.  I want more of His love to be in my heart, I want more of His wisdom to rule my thoughts, more of Him to shine through me in every situation or circumstance.

Once again, tears were in my eyes and I was praising Him for that love.  Since I was sensing a “theme” and felt like He was trying to show me something, I kept eating the chocolates…only so I could read the message, of course, lol, and every message spoke directly to my heart and led me back to praising Him for His sweetness.  His sweetness is so evident in our lives, but if you’re like me, sometimes He actually has to spell it out for me to see it clearly!

So all of you calorie counting friends who are reading this post, in answer to your burning question, yes I had a moment of guilt for eating half the bag of chocolates, but hey, who am I to mess with God’s work!  J


How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!
Psalm 119:103  KJV