October 28, 2012

The Devil’s Panties

       I have a love/hate relationship with my spanx.  When I first put them on under my dress, I love them…angel panties; after wearing them all day and taking them off, I hate them…nothing short of devil’s panties.  And as I look at the painful bluish/purplish rings around my thighs where they have sunk in and successfully started to suck the blood-flow to my legs, I wonder why bother???  Those lumps and bulges never hurt anyone…why do I insist on smoothing them out??
        I even went as far as looking up ‘girdle’ (aka: spanx) in the dictionary.  Here are some of the definitions:
“A belt or sash.”  “A corset that creates a more slender appearance.”  “A flexible, slimming garment.”
Well.  Now, that just sounds lovely.  Mr. Webster did however, fail to mention that while wearing these beautiful “belts or sashes” you will be unable to do the following:  Laugh without cracking a rib, breath without gasping, have a coherent conversation due to lack of oxygen, walk without making the “swishing” sound, sit down and stand up quickly,  divert attention away from the ‘indentions’ that perfectly circle around your thighs, bend over, etc. etc. etc.
        In all seriousness, I think a lot of times I am guilty of wearing spiritual spanx.  Things and situations in my life aren’t exactly what they should be, and they create a little bulge here.  I’m not completely surrendering things to Him and that creates a little lump over there.  But instead of working on those issues with Him, I try to cover them up with the “Christian appearance”.  I try and try so hard to put up the Godly front, that by the time I’m home and I take it off, it’s too late…I’m bluish/purple.  My prayer is that I will let Him have control of everything, no matter how ugly and embarrassing it may be.  Give my mess to Him and let Him smooth it out for me.

“Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you.”
1 Peter 5:7  KJV