October 7, 2012

Pumpkin Boy

Well, it’s officially here.  The time of year when mom gets out a 3 foot tall stuffed decoration, shaped like a boy with a pumpkin head.  He has affectionately been named “Pumpkin Boy” over the years.  This little guy is made for decoration, but mom LOVES to scare people, so we have found an alternate purpose for him…to scare each other, lol. 
Pumpkin Boy has ended up standing in closets, behind the shower curtain, under the sheets, anywhere you can imagine and when you hear the scream, you just laugh and know that someone has discovered Pumpkin Boy.  (Entertainment around this town stinks!  LOL!)  You know that when you walk into mom’s, there’s a great possibility that you will be scared by Pumpkin Boy…you know it’s coming, but you let your guard down for a second and he gets you everytime.
That’s how I feel about satan.  You know he’s always hiding somewhere: Tempting you with something, putting thoughts in your head, trying to just steal your joy.  A lot of times I get complacent with my walk with the Lord and let my guard down.  That’s when satan pops up.  I want to keep my defenses up against him and not let him sneak up on me.  I know he’s out there, hiding in places I may least expect the devil to hide.  I want to stand guard and keep my heart and life protected from whatever he’s preparing to throw at me! 

“And the Lord said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.
Job 1:7 KJV

And as for Pumpkin Boy…I’m already thinking of a new hiding place for him!  J