July 20, 2013

M.I.A.

      I love a good shaved ice…who doesn’t?!?  But, I’m particular in where I get them from.  I’ve tried others and they are good, but there’s something about “Hawaiian Dave’s” shaved ice that is SO much better than the rest!  (Those of you who live local probably  know who I’m talking about J)  Anyways, Hawaiian Dave usually sets up his bus in the same spot.  A couple years ago I was in the mood for a Hawaiian Dave shaved ice, so I went looking, and his bus was gone.  Well, I went for days straight back the spot where he usually was and no Hawaiian Dave…never did find him. 
        So last summer, I got my mom in on the search.  We looked EVERYWHERE.  And yes, I am aware of how that makes myself look…stalking a Hawaiian Ice driver…a little crazy, but I’m ok with that!  Lol  No signs of Hawaiian Dave.  I had all but given up when one day mom and I were going somewhere and I spotted his bus!  I screamed, gave mom a heart attack, and made her go back.  I was so excited!  We pulled in and up to the bus and before I could get out, I saw the sign that said “CLOSED”.  SERIOUSLY?!?!?!  I had been looking for this guy for 2 years and he’s CLOESED?!?!  Well, I went back after that, CLOSED.  And again, CLOSED.  The next week, CLOSED.  The week after, CLOSED.  I tried until the end of summer with no luck.  There were no hours on his sign, it just said CLOSED.  This summer, I have continued my search only to find hours posted on the bus.    
        I thought about the Lord.  He has never been MIA.  He has never hung a CLOSED sign out.  He has never moved spots.  He has never posted His hours.  He’s available 24/7.  I don’t have to track Him down…He’s there before I have to go looking.  He’s there before I can whisper His name.  He’s there before I can feel Him sometimes.  He’s ALWAYS there.  I’m so thankful for His promise to never leave us or forsake us.  He has never left me in need or want of anything, and I’m satisfied with that!

“Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and you shall find…for everyone that asks, receives; and he that seeks, finds…”

Matthew 7:7-8  KJV