July 4, 2013

The “Four Seasons”

        When we were on vacation, John was busy booking something or other, so I was browsing through some little shops.  I stopped in one shop and the clerk began making small talk.  I was the only one in the store so she had time to chat.  She was asking questions about what all we had done and were planning to do, where we had gone, and then she asked where we were from, and I answered Ohio.  She said, “Oooh, so you have the 4 seasons??  I would love to see that…I’ve heard it’s beautiful!”  Looking at her confused, I wondered why she was asking about the Four Seasons Hotel…am I really THAT blonde??  Lol! Still confused, I looked at her and said, “Yeah, we have them, but I’ve not stayed at one.”  The confused look on her face mimicked my own and then it dawned on me what she meant the 4 seasons:  summer, fall, winter, spring.  I just laughed and said, “Fall is my favorite.”  I left the shop soon after, lol.
        But the thought dawned on me when I was telling John about what a nerd he had married, lol, that God’s beauty really is EVERYWHERE.  Here that girl was, living and working in a place called “paradise” and she longed to see what I take for granted.  The spring buds and blooms, the beautiful oranges and yellows of fall, the soft sparkling snow of winter.  To me, her world was the prettiest place I’ve ever seen, but to her, my world was full of wonder. 
        Thank you, Lord for making each and every place a masterpiece.  Thank you, Lord for taking the time to create such wonderful details everywhere.  Thank you, Lord for allowing us to experience the amazing works of your hand.  Thank you, Lord the beauty you allow us to see every day, no matter where we are!  Thank you, Lord!
           

“And God saw everything that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Genesis 1:31  KJV