September 26, 2013

New Every Morning

Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.   They are new every morning;  great is your faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:22-23  NIV

          Sometimes, by the end of the day, we feel like giving up.  There are so many stressors and emotions that cloud up our days.  It’s almost as if when you finally get to sit down you feel how drained you actually are.  Drained physically, emotionally, and even spiritually. 

          That’s why I’m so thankful for this verse from Lamentations.  It reminds me that no matter what circumstances come up in my daily routine, I’ll not be overtaken.  I might get tired, but situations won’t overpower me.  And an even greater hope?  To realize that His love and compassion are new every morning!  I’m so thankful for that promise because on some days, it’s the only thing that drags me outta bed when the alarm goes off!  So, for now, I think I’ll leave the things of today right here and start fresh in the morning!  J